removing dark mold on outside of house

We have a 100 year old victorian with wood on the outside. The north and south side have patches of dark mold growing (looks like dirt) which I removed with a bleach solution a few months ago. Now more is appearing on these sides of house. Any suggestions? Do I need to have the entire sides washed with bleach solution? Will this be an annual ritual?

thanks,

John

Reply to
john

you could always try T.S.P (tri-sodium-phosphate). it works pretty darn well as a cleaner, i use it all the time on my deck, concrete, etc...

home depot has premixed T.S.P that really does the trick IMHO.

good luck

Reply to
<no_spam_4me_rise4peace

Try a stronger bleach mix, spray twice letting it dry then wash it off with Tsp, But with the right environment it can come back. There are anti mold additives for paint

Reply to
m Ransley

On my house I used spray bleach, worked great. Rinsed with nozzle on hose, afterwards. Mold/mildew may signify leakage problems along wall, or thru roof, especially if the stuff returns. Once I re-roofed, repaired gutters, and improved perimeter drainage, the mold never returned.

Reply to
Roger