Removing Carrier outside panels

Thanks again for the links. The HVAC guy has been called. $72.50 + coffee + parts, if needed.

See? It pays to give a little information instead of just "don't do it". :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Doug:

don't pay some jack-leg $72!!!!!!

go to your local Johnstone Supply (in the white pages)

ask for a gallon of purple Alki-Foam (the #1 selling foaming lye-based coil cleaner in the world) about $8 or so

put in plastic squirt bottle (1:1 ratio, i.e. 1/2 water, 1/2 purple stuff) always add purple stuff to water, not vice-versa

set breaker near unit to OFF position

while wearing gloves & goggles for safety, spray liberally into coil all over, take it slow & thorough this is bad stuff, don't get in skin or eyes (it is essentially oven cleaner)

wait 5 minutes, it will foam up during this time

spray off thoroughly with garden hose with sprayer attachment

turn breaker back on

enjoy lower utility bill!

S.F.

Reply to
San Francisco

Are you aware that Johnstone has a list of requirements before purchasing? And what those requirements are?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And probably 1 out of 10 times that I clean a coil and the HO is standing there they'll ask "Is it ok to get water on that motor?" Duh, here's your sign :)

Yep.

hvacrmedic

Reply to
RP

I heard they're married. :-)

Reply to
Bob Loblaw

" snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com" wrote in message news:Mt1De.251$ snipped-for-privacy@eagle.america.net...

This is Turtle.

Look Stevey Wonder , Stormy was expressing his thoughts on the answers that are give to poster and was not advicing anybody on anything. Then you come out with a Super lesson on your great ability on charging systems and call Stormy a Stupid Moron , tell him to FUCK OFF , and then you say your not impolite at all.

Do you really have to put somebody down to make the people listen to you or could you just speak for yourself and not others and still expect people to listen to you.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Waste of time.

Funny thing guy...we do this 4 to 10 times a day, and thats got to be the silliest idea I have seen on a sealed motor.

Its called a rain sheild...its also called a waste of material.

Reply to
webmaster

" snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com" wrote in message news:EutDe.333$ snipped-for-privacy@eagle.america.net...

This is Turtle.

There is bunches fresh Fools Born every morning and if you like to make a living off them. More power to you of hacking the fools , but just don't expect me to play along with you.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Of course not, to dead relatives....

Reply to
webmaster

REad again Terry the Turtle...i said I was impolite and I know it.

Mailbox says someones listening.....and I still dont care what you the hack in LA thinks. Thanks for playing...

Reply to
webmaster

I'm gonna make you two go to your rooms.........

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Hope not to each other.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Requirement #1. Don't sell to Chris/Storming Moron.

Reply to
HeatMan

Bob Loblaw posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Only to each other...

Reply to
Tekkie®

If it is just oven cleaner, then it would be easier and cheaper to go to Wal-Mart and get some Easy-Off Oven Cleaner. It foams up nicely, and one can should be just the right amount to clean a coil.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

And after 5 min, he wont have to worry about that pesky coil getting dirty again..

Reply to
webmaster

This is Turtle.

yes what you say is very true about 98% of the time but Carrier [ and maybe some other brands but can't remember ] on some models some time back did still have open face motors with a over sized cup down on side rain shield on it. If you paint the picture to wash them as you please on all , well these 2% open face motors are going to come back and haunt you. be sure to not let the wide paint brush cover these old type open face motors with big cups water shields on them.

And yes I bought a fan motor one time by washing a carrier condenser while running. i did not look to see if it was a totally sealed motor. Bought Lessons are much better that Schooled lessons.

And Yes i guessed at the % of the motors.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Johnstone in Phoenix will sell to ANYONE. Even you, Stormy.

Reply to
Vicki Szaszvari

Few people realize Johnstones Supply is a cooperative, with locally owned stores and a corporate headquarters. The local stores set their own policies.

The Phoenix Home Owners Association thanks you for posting your little tidbit on the local Johnstones.

Reply to
Stoned