Removing Carpet Tack Strip Nails

I pulled a bunch of carpet tack strip up today. It was nailed into the basement slab.

Many of the nails used to hold down the tack strip didn't come up, and the heads break off when I try to pull 'em out. They don't drive into the slab very well either...

Thoughts? Suggestions?

KB

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

Dremel grinder & grind them down flush ?

Reply to
rj

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Use the claw of a hammer. It will pop up some of the cement, but that shouldn't be a problem. You can also hit the nail side ways and it will pop out.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Solly

Don't send a boy to do a man's job. Buy a low cost angle grinder (or rent one, it;s bound to be a bargain). It will do the whole job in under 10 minutes. Harbor Freight sells them for less thgan $10, other outlets specializing in Chinese tools are similar. If you then find the tool useful, add a Milwaukee or other good brand to your collection and loan the cheapie to your neighbor. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst