Remove top from gas range?

I have a sealed burner Caloric gas range and I can't for the life of me figure out how to lift up the top. There don't seem to be any clips and I don't want to end up prying the burners from the tubes. This is a real headbanger! Plus, the installation/owners manual is silent on this issue.

Thanks to all...............!!

Reply to
art

Try pulling the top away from the back. May or may not work.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I can understand exactly what you mean!! I just went thru the same thing in installing a GE cooktop. I found that when you remove the burner grates, each burner has 2 small screws that secure each burner chimbley. These screws must be removed before you can lift up the top section. Also the igniters connector at each burner may have to be dis-connected before the top can be fully raised! Hope this helps!!

Reply to
Batman

I can understand exactly what you mean!! I just went thru the same thing in installing a GE cooktop. I found that when you remove the burner grates, each burner has 2 small screws that secure each burner chimbley. These screws must be removed before you can lift up the top section. Also the igniters connector at each burner may have to be dis-connected before the top can be fully raised! Hope this helps!!

Reply to
Batman

BTW some pull "UP" from the front.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Hi,

Sealed burner tops are not meant to lift up, they are usually screwed down.

No model# posted, but some Caloric burners had 1 or 2 screws on each burner to remove the burners, and then the cooktop panal could be removed.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

On most 'sealed burner' gas models, the burner bases need to be disconnected from the top before it will lift up (without damaging the gas lines to the burners). Often this is done by removing some screws around the burners but on some range designs there may be a single large nut/ring around the burner which requires a special tool to access. The wires going to the burner spark electrode may need to be disconnected too at some point.

Without knowing exactly which Caloric gas range model you have (they're not all the same), it is unlikely anyone is going to be able to provide any more specific of details.

Why it is you need to get under the top anyway?

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Dan, Thanks............I need to replace the front panel behind the burner knobs. The paint has flaked off and the only way to remove that panel is to lift up the burner top. The model # for the Caloric stove that I have is RLN383UL. Thanks for your help!!

Art

Reply to
art

Hi,

Should also be a "P" # to go along with your model# ( just in case it is needed ).

appear to have screws holding the burners and tubes to the top, they would need to be removed before the cooktop panal can be removed.

black.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff