remove only top oat

I have an old metal toy that has been painted serveral times. I would like to remove only the top coats and preserve the original paint. How do I do this? Thanks for an answer.. Herb

Reply to
herbwhite59

Would depends on the types of paint used, but most likely impossible. Any mechanical method like sand or walnut shell blasting would go right to the metal. If it is lacquer over enamel you may be able to get it off using acetone.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski