Remote control outdoor lighting?

You've obviously never owned a well-trained dog.

Guns, while inanimate, are just as unpredictable as the person who gets their hands on them.

Reply to
Ann Onymous

Any conversation with my lawyer would most certainly not apply to where you live. I suspect you live in the USA. I don't.

Reply to
Ann Onymous

Great info > Who said it's ok to shoot an intruder in your home? News flash, like most laws that one varies by location. some states require you to leave your home if there is an intruder in it . I know it sounds stupid bt it's true.

Bill

Reply to
... ...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in news:vohld.3622$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny:

I watched one guy approaching my house and the dog went into a barking frenzy and he guy turned and walked away. Must have been somebody casing the neighborhood. This happened during the daytime.

Reply to
granjero

That was for Ann Onymous's comment.. not your's..

Reply to
Chuck

That's nice. But no dogs for me, unless they can be trained to consume intruders and leave nothing but bones.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

In that case, you're pulling ideas out of your ass. Guessing, in other words. Where *do* you live?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

mRansley.. Do you like the X-10 setup? I like the idea of some of their products but does any other company make the same sort of devices? I'd hate to buy from X-10 due to their barrage of pop ups, pop under's etc.. back when pop ups first came about.. (piss me off with your advertising practices and I'll never buy from ya'!) Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

X 10 is cheap and Radio Shack and others are re badged X 10, made by X

  1. Alot of different products use X-10 design, Leviton for ex but you pay alot more for their name. I never get X 10 pop ups.
Reply to
m Ransley

Really? You challenged my statement about home invasions being really rare. I countered with statistics based on the county where you live, showing that the chances of you being involved in one are approximately one in a million. I note that you haven't replied to that post...

As has been stated by others, the "castle theory" only applies in some areas of the USA. In other words, there are some places in the USA where you can kill a burglar simply because they've broken into your home, on the assumption that they're a threat. In other places, doing the same action will result in a murder charge and conviction. I think that pretty much sums up the conversation, and I'm willing to leave it at that.

I live outside of the USA.

Reply to
Ann Onymous

I agree that "walking" a dog is just a polite way of saying "letting him shit is someone else's yard" If a dog lives an a particular area they will usually pick a far away corner and only go there. My dog has a small spot behind the shed he uses. That is another burglar deterrance device. ;-)

Reply to
Greg

There's no need to waste valuable weekend time digging up stats. I read and listen to the news here. I recall 4 or 5 in the past several years. Only one involved victims and invaders who knew each other - a drug situation, in other words.

Reply to
Doug Kanter