Remote Control of DirecTV Tivo Receiver

Howdy!

I have an older DirecTV Tivo unit (IR controlled) that I would like to control (probably via RF) from my bedroom, about 60 feet away from the receiver, through one lath-and-plaster wall and one glass patio sliding door. Bought a cheapie extender from Best Buy, which only worked about

10% of the time.

I only need to control this one device. Does anyone have a recommendation for a unit which would _reliably_ work at this distance? Most devices say "up to 100 feet", but with my plaster wall I'm skeptical. The Best Buy certainly didn't.

I have the standard "peanut" control which came with the Tivo.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tom, tired of walking from the bedroom to the den when the idiot infocommercials take over my DirecTV....

Reply to
Tom Cantwell

you might ask here

bob haller