Remodeling Money Losers

So says this self proclaimed expert.

He doesn't want Deep Purple in the house for goodness sake.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Agree with some of that. High end appliances? So what if the payback is not there if the owner enjoyed using them?

Ugly colors? Sure, enjoy them if you like them but at sale time repaint. Meantime, if you like purple go for it. If I liked the purple a few years the cost of repainting is nothing I'd worry about.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

For reasons I can't recall I painted a spare bedroom in purple. It may have had something to do with copious quantities of cheap Scotch.

Years earlier a landlord offered to buy the supplies if I would freshen up my apartment. I picked up several gallons of paint at the supplier and went to work. The task went quickly except for the damn French doors. I forget how many individual panes they had but even with my girlfriend taping it was tedious.

Finished up and set back to relax when a friend came over and asked "Are you expecting?" With my fantastic sense of interior decoration one room was sort of nursery blue and the other was nursery pink.

Reply to
rbowman

Maybe it helped her sleep. I hope they charged her full price.

Purple should only be used by royalty.

My house was painted purple when I was crown prince of West Baltimore.

Reply to
micky

"Smoke on the Water"

Reply to