Problem: My kitchen sink drain VERY slowly...it has taken about 5
minutes to drain fully sometimes. My home inspector informed me that I
have unvented 's' traps in the kitchen and bathroom. I have one main
roof vent, which is too small according to the inspector, and the
bathroom plumbing and kitchen plumbing are on opposite sides of the
Here's what I have tried:
1. Drain-o, industrial strength gel, commercial liquid "green"
2. Removed the pvc pipes and augered the drain from the kitchen 25ft.
and very little was removed.
3. Used a garden hose and "jet blasted" the kitchen drain pipe to try a
My kitchen piping is 1 1/4" pvc with a dishwasher.
I considered the following:
1. calling a plumber (I know it sounds funny, but I want to use this as
my LAST option)
2. removing the pvc drains, and replacing it with 1 1/2" pvc pipe AND
an Oatley Autovent.
3. Reaugering from the kitchen and the basement in both directions.
Does anyone have opinions/suggestions. I know I posted something
similar before about this issue, but I've tried a few things since
Thanks for the help.