Register vent size (and h

Jeffrey:

JJ> We live in the Northeast and have an approximately 8x4ft 1st bathroom JJ> with one outside exposure on the first floor of our house. JJ> JJ> We have gas-fired forced air heat but interestingly, the bathroom JJ> currently does not have any registers.

Brrrrr!!!

JJ> We are thinking of adding a register which will require cutting JJ> through a marble tile floor, so before we cut we want to make sure we JJ> are doing the right thing...

What about placing the register on the wall?

  • Definition: Node - Was aware of..."I node it".
Reply to
barry martin

Well, I think that might take more work since the walls are old and you would have to break through brick firewall and do a fair bit of plaster patching. Since the bathroom is on the first floor and since we have a tile guy coming in tomorrow anyway to do another job, I thought it might just be easier to have him cut a hole for us...

Reply to
Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

With out savvy knowledge of your existing system. Any thing posted here is an WAG. Best plan is to contact an knowledgeable heating and cooling contractor and ask them. You may be making an good situation bad by just guessing

Reply to
SQLit

If your tub or toilet floods, you will have water going down the floor vent. Something to think about.

Gary R. Lloyd CMS HVACR Troubleshooting Books/Software

Gary R. Lloyd