refrigerator water dispenser delayed reaction

I just moved into this home, so i dont know any history of this problem. But upon my first use of my fridge's water dispenser i thought maybe it was broken - only a small amount came out and then it stopped. But then i realized it had to work since it makes ice just fine. so i replaced the filter only to find that it still wasn't running! after holding the button in for an extended period of time (maybe 60-90 seconds) the water starts flowing. good pressure, no hiccups or anything else. i tried letting it run for several minutes thinking maybe that it was just clogged or something, but that didn't seem to help. as it stands now, the longer it goes without use (measured in hours) the longer it takes to start.

any ideas on what this could be?

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 64233 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Gripp

The ice maker and water dispenser use different solenoid valves so one might work well and the other not at all or not as well. The valve is probably the issue. These are generally a single unit with one input and two outputs, so you'll need to get your make and model and Google it to see what it might cost to replace.

Reply to
Mark