refrigerator Very noisy

My refrigerator makes an obnoxious buzzing sound every so often. Is this repairable, or should I put it out to pasture?

Taking into account the tremendous detail of this post I would say pasture it.

Peter H

Reply to
Peter H

Or better yet: Ultra Pasteurize it.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

The water collection tray is off-centered or maybe the fan blades are rubbing against stalactites.

Reply to
Leroy Mowry

Maybe if you told us make model age, any additional detail about the actual noise (time of day, better description, is it always the same, does it start slow and get louder etc.) and when this may have started, maybe we would have a better chance of coming up with the right answer. As for now I agree with the possibility of a fan or evaporation tray issue.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Defrost timer

Reply to
Martik

I was also thinking def timer. Some of those make some incredible awful noises. Call an appliance guy, and have him out. Should be something fairly easy to fix.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon