Refrigerator shut itself down in a few seconds

My 5-year-old Kenmore refrigerator is not cold anymore. The refirgerator tried to start with some kind of sound but in a few seconds I heard a click and the sound stop (shutdown?). After one minute or so it tried again, and then it shutdown again in a few seconds. It kept repeating this sounds (try to start, then shutdown itself) and the refrigerator is not cold at all.

I have someone check the themostat and funs and they are all fine. What else should I check?

Thank you for your help!

Reply to
lisahopes2000

Either starting relay failure or compressor failure.

Let me guess- the warranty is for 5 years?

You'll need someone at least a little experienced with appliances to troubleshoot it.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Problem with the start components on the compressor. If it's within the 5 year warranty, have Sears come out and do thier thing. If it's outside the warranty have a local appliance guy come out and put on a hard start kit. It's not something most home owners can fix.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What is a hard start kit, or what does it do?

Reply to
Mike Ryan