Refrigerator is Going Gurgle, Gurgle, Pop. What's That About?

Sounds like a high efficiency frigidaire! What make is it and how old? If it is a frigidaire, they make those sounds when the compressor begins pumping. It says in the owners manual that those sounds are normal.

Temperature in the home has nothing to do with the sounds mine makes! (Apparent Cause - Dumb Ass Engineering!)

Had I known that before buying it, it would never be in my kitchen making those ridiculous noises. - udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

I think something is up with our refrigerator. It's making the sounds in the subject line. They seem to appear every few hours and have increasingly gotten more noisy. Is it related to hotter temps in the house?

Reply to
W. Watson

When it is making that sound, is that the only sound? In other words, is the compressor NOT running (and maybe the fan inside not running)? It's probably just going through a defrost. Then again, I don't think it should do it every couple of hours, though......

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Amana. No ice maker. It seems to be happier today. 10-12 or more years old.

Reply to
W. Watson

This is Turtle.

His every couple hours could be 6 or 8 hours as the defrost timer works on.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

In alt.home.repair on Sat, 23 Jul 2005 04:55:14 GMT "W. Watson" posted:

I think Dr. Doolittle is trapped inside.

You can probably go like this for years. If the noise gets louder, you'll be able to tell where it is coming from.

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

It seems to have diminished. I guess it's just one of those things.

Reply to
W. Watson