Reduce dust

I am looking for tips on reducing dust.
I already do these.
1. change ac filters often 2. Use a fan powered ionic air cleaner 3. mop and vacuum frequently
Andy
On Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 11:12:18 AM UTC-4, A K wrote:

Insufficient data.
What kind of dwelling? (single-family, multi-unit?) Age of structure? Do you keep your windows open or closed, typically? What kind of air filters? How often is "change AC filters often"? Is ductwork well sealed? Does the ductwork run through a dusty space like an attic? Street shoes worn in house?
I'm sure I've forgotten quite a few and others here will ask additional questions.
Cindy Hamilton
On 5/16/2019 11:16 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Agreed. There are many variables to consider when determining causes of dust penetration. But in a general scenario, exhaust fans in various room windows or a whole house fan would remove much dust and airborne particles.
On Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 11:16:40 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

That's an important one, but maybe not so easy to fix. Some furnaces just have a spot for a skinny filter. With the right filter housing you can put in a 4" thick pleated one that traps smaller particles.

Using a good vacuum that filters properly? I have central, which is even better, and dust that gets by and odors go outside.
On Thu, 16 May 2019 08:12:13 -0700 (PDT), A K

Two dogs. Soil that is mostly clay. I gave up and hired a weekly cleaning service. Much less dust now. (I also have three air cleaners in different rooms. They did not keep up with the dogs.)
An ion air cleaner, I found, is not very effective on dust. One of my filters is a large Honeywell that I got at Home Depot. Looks like a barrel cut down to half height. This one has activated-charcoal pre-filters wrapped around paper filters. When the "clean" light goes on, I remove the prefilters and beat them against my chain link fence. Make sure the wind is blowing away from you <grin>. The paper filter I vacuum with the brush accessory. I have not had the "replace filter" light come on ever in five years.
-dan z-
--
Someone who thinks logically provides
a nice contrast to the real world.