recovering item flushed down toilet?

I read in the news that a severed body part size of a finger flushed down the toilet was recovered later by pulling the toilet.

How is this possible? When the toilet is flushed, doesn't everything goes down the drain and into the sewer system?

Reply to
Tom

It's possible to catch a seed in your appendix also, but don't depend upon it. Same with the finger in the toilet and other traps out to the main line. Everything doesn't go down at the same time with one flush. It was probably only flushed a single time and they were lucky to find it, luckier than the person that lost it at least.

Reply to
Al Bundy

He said "the size of a finger". I get the feeling it wasn't a finger...

In part: probably only flushed a single time and they were lucky to find it,

DJ

Reply to
DJ

-> ->

-> >It's possible to catch a seed in your appendix also, but don't depend

-> >upon it. Same with the finger in the toilet and other traps out to the

-> >main line.

->

-> He said "the size of a finger". I get the feeling it wasn't a

-> finger...

->

->

ral_7am_1_06000102212005

->

-> In part:

-> >probably only flushed a single time and they were lucky to find it,

-> >luckier than the person that lost it at least.

->

-> DJ

If "it" was the size of a finger, then he wouldn't miss it!

Reply to
Suzie-Q

... No.... SHE wouldn't miss it!

Reply to
Chuck

-> ->

-> >In article , DJ

-> >

-> >wrote:

-> >

-> >-> -> >->

-> >-> >It's possible to catch a seed in your appendix also, but don't depend

-> >-> >upon it. Same with the finger in the toilet and other traps out to the

-> >-> >main line.

-> >->

-> >-> He said "the size of a finger". I get the feeling it wasn't a

-> >-> finger...

-> >->

-> >->

-> >

>=

-> >-> ral_7am_1_06000102212005

-> >->

-> >-> In part:

-> >-> -> Woman Charged With Cutting Off Boyfriend's Penis

-> >-> Severed Body Part Flushed Down Toilet

-> >->

-> >-> POSTED: 6:55 am EST February 21, 2005

-> >->

-> >-> ANCHORAGE -- Police in Alaska say a woman upset about an impending

-> >-> breakup with her boyfriend cut off his penis and flushed it down a

-> >-> toilet.

-> >->

-> >-> Utility workers recovered the severed body part and surgeons

-> >-> reattached it.

-> >->

-> >-> - - - - - - - - - >>

-> >-> >Everything doesn't go down at the same time with one flush. It was

-> >-> >probably only flushed a single time and they were lucky to find it,

-> >-> >luckier than the person that lost it at least.

-> >->

-> >-> DJ

-> >

-> >

-> >If "it" was the size of a finger, then he wouldn't miss it!

->

-> ... No.... SHE wouldn't miss it!

Good point.

Reply to