Installing Kenmore Ultrafilter 550 Reverse Osmosis system

Howdy,

The Kenmore system requires a drainage outlet to the sink's drain pipe. I have a double sink, where the sink on the right side have a garbage disposal connected and is connected to the left sink's drain pipe via T Connector (the pipe is about 1.5 feet). It doesn't seem possible to install the Kenmore Drain Connector because there's not enough room under the left sink's drainage to add another connector.

It looks like I have the following options:

1.Install a T-type connector between left & right sink drain pipe and connect the Kenmore system to that point.

2.Remove existing drain pipe & install new pipe fittings that would extend the pipping to give me to room to connect piping from the Kenmore system and the right sink.

  1. There is 1 foot of piping between the drain and the cabinet wall (allowing the pipe to run downstairs) where a connector can easily be installed.

IMO, 1 seem the easiest because I have a great view and can get at it w/o any problem. 2 seem to be a lot of extra work. 3 doesn't give me the best view, but should take less time than option 2.

Let me know if you have any other idea or which of the three option is better.

Reply to
DJ

Usually you can mount a drain saddle directly to the PVC line coming out of the garbage disposal. Try to mount it up on the high side so that the line doesn't get clogged from the waste coming out of the disposal.

Reply to
Travis Jordan