Re-use existing carpet tack?

I'm throwing out the padding and carpet, but is there any reason I can't re-use carpet tack? The points look to be in good shape. This is in my own house but I'll have the carpet installed proffesionally.

I'm just wondering if the installers will try to say the tack has to be re-done in order to charge me more, cynical me.

Reply to
hank

No reason not to reuse, IMO. Tom

Reply to
tom

No reason not to reuse, IMO. Tom

Reply to
tom

No pet stains? Leave it. Carpet guys usually want to get in and out quick so they won't bother with it.

Reply to
robertp