Carpet Not Designed for Pad or Tack Strip?

I bought a very low pile carpet today to put down in part of my garage. I had planned on buying a carpet pad and tack strips but the man at Home Depot told me that this carpet is made to be glued down. I really like this carpet but I don't like the idea of gluing it directly to the floor. I need the low pile for moving my pinball machines around but I would like some padding while i'm playing the machines. What would be the harm of using a pad and tack strips???

Thank you for your help Dan

Reply to
Dan

Hi,

Some carpet is direct glue only Hon. That means it cannot be streched as can carpet that has pad and tack. If you strech it, it wears out way faster. You might be able to do it but it won't last as long. If it wasn't very expensive you might try it. Also, if you glue it down do not use exsessive glue becasue you may want concrete in the garage down the line and it was a mess removing it. Use zip strip if you ever have to remove the glue or any good adhesive remover.

candice

Reply to
CLSSM00X7

For once Home Depot is right.

Some regular elmers glue will do just fine.

Reply to
CDVD