Re: I'VE HAD MY WAY WITH THIS FROUP

Can you help? Mr M, you seem to be the most active member of this group. You keep parrots too. I need some advice. I took a baby cockatiel from a breeder. I'll skip the explaination of conditions there. I was told the baby is 4 weeks old, female and that she is going to die because a feeding tube got into the guzzard and they couldn't get it out. I took it out. She was exstreamly cold and wet. She was smeared with porraige and her feathers were very oily. I gave her a bath, blowdried her a bit, then wrapped her in tissue paper. That helped to drain away moisture and oil from her feathers. She wouldn't eat or drink. That was 2 days ago. I am exstreamly tired, but she ate 2 teaspoons of porage an hour ago and rewarded me with a few loud chirps. Finaly I can go to bed and sleep. She'll survive. But I am still worried about the one eye that she keeps closed and the sneezing. Also it seems like she is still having some trouble breathing. It is better, but it is not clearing up. I am worried. There are no avian vets here. The closest one is 200 km away. I have very little experience with birds. Any positive advice will be welcome. And no, I will absolutely nót wring her neck. - that was the advice I got from another ... uhm... person. Please, if you know what can be done to help her, please tell me. Mrs MCG

Reply to
greyvensteinmc