Re: Cat Urine

Den onsdag 6 maj 1998 kl. 09:00:00 UTC+2 skrev Jim Kirk:

I'm sorry for bumping this old thread, but I really feel like I have some advice to offer you - and you seemed to really need it at the time

One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to painting all of my walls, furniture, and anything else he could reach. I was horrified when I got a UV light. He never did that in all of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a buddy (they love each other and did so right away) but when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it.

My cats are indoor cats so it's not like the stray is actually going to get in here but they both hate him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats hate him too). I've tried cleaning with a pet urine enzyme and then spraying some "No More Spraying" but that hasn't worked. He's a sneaky little bugger too; he waits until he thinks I'm not looking and then does it. He's learned that the minute I see him backing his butt up to something he gets yelled at.

It wasn't until I found "Cat Spraying No More" that I was able to finally get rid of this tiresome behavior.

Now my house doesn't smell like a litter box anymore :)

Here's a link the their site if you're interested in checking it out: NoMoreCatPee.com

I hope you guys don't mind me sharing this. Cheers!

Reply to
elalaouisosseynabil

<pissing on>

There so many steroids in meat imported from Brazil it can make your cats develop male characteristics. Try using a ration without steroids. On feed them fish. Just look at what it does to the Trumpet "macho-men" that post here. It's the steroid-burgers they feed on. They could be normal human beings if they weren't "under the influence". Well, most of them, anyway.

HTH []'s

Reply to
Shadow

I doubt that factory-farm meat from Brazil is any worse than US factory-farm meat.

The world has polluted the lakes/rivers/oceans so even wild-caught fish is unhealthy to eat. Don't even think of eating that GMO-fed fish-farm garbage.

When you say "normal human beings" are you referring to the ubiquitous fat/lazy/welfare democrats?

Reply to
devnull

Did you do any research?

The cats won't pee all over the place. OTOH I'm happy you're worried about the environment and what big business is doing to you. It's a start.

Had a few steroid-burgers too many for din-dins? Thought so. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

No you're not. You're a commercial spammer, hawking your cat piss product crap. I hope all your cats piss all over you. I would if I could.

Reply to
trader_4

Here's another link to this problem:

Phil Kangas

A guy that makes a living killing pets? Sounds about right. Notice he doesn't even mention steroids..

I took mine to the vet. She asked what ration I was buying. I said "Whiskers". She recommended one without steroids.

Same for the (female) dog that started humping anything that moved. Changed the food. Problem solved. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

Thanks for the insight. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

Your cat food has steroids?

Reply to
rbowman

Yes, it's made of Brazilian beef, the stuff the slaughter houses can't bribe the food inspectors to "overlook", and is labeled "unsuitable for human consumption". Rejected beef is dirt cheap. Bolsonaro is firing the honest food inspectors though. Problem solved. On the downside, dog and cat food will be more expensive. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

I wondered if the extras came from 4-D meat. 4-D is a US classification for disabled, diseased, dying, and dead livestock. Cynically, it's USDA inspected... Supposedly the FDA pulled the exemptions earlier this year. One of their concerns was pentobarbital used for euthanizing cats, dogs, and horses. Considering the cocktail of drugs they pump into feedlot cattle to keep them alive until slaughter, steroids and antibiotics wouldn't be out of the question.

The less you know about food production, the better. I once delivered a load of dry beans to a leading canned chili manufacturer. A truckload of chicken was in the next bay. The reefer had broken down in transit and the frozen chicken had thawed. The original consignee had refused the load. "Throw a little more chili powder in this batch, Joe."

Reply to
rbowman

Yes, they are legal (now) here.

Consumers probably loved the "subtle aroma". "I think I can smell old oak, with a touch of French roses". It's why they call themselves con-noisseurs. ;) []'s

Reply to
Shadow

That drives me crazy. The office coffee maker is getting old and slow and looking for a replacement led me to the hideously overpriced Brim coffee pot. Further research led me down the rabbit hole into the land of coffee snobs.

I've never experienced the subtle hints of chocolate with overtones of black raspberries or any of that shit. The closest I've come is Ethiopian coffee which has a fruity taste reminiscent of a compost pile on a hot day.

Back in the day my wine appreciation was similar. Gallo Hearty Burgundy in the gallon jug, 14% alcohol and cheap.

Reply to
rbowman

;)

PS I get the "subtle taste of chocolate" in my coffee by adding a pinch of cocoa. Don't do it very often though. Brazilian coffee (sold here) is "riado", the worst, grains that were not ripe enough and/or moldy. If you want decent coffee you have to buy it at the farms and roast/grind it yourself. The good stuff is all exported. ( a lot of the trucks are hijacked by the militia though, so you can find "export-only" grade in small stores cheap. I don't buy it because a truck driver probably died as part of the process). []'s

Reply to
Shadow

If I get ambitious I get beans from Sweet Maria's and roast them.

I tend to be lazy as coffee is a thing in this area and there are several small roasters in town that have decent selections.

I got my education back in the '90s as a trucker. Millstone in Everett WA was one of the first companies to get into custom roasting. I loaded beans at their plant going to the distributors in the mid-West. Walking by the trailer was good for a caffeine buzz. The distributors were small operations and they all had the coffee pot on. The plan was I would drop the beans and load old store displays, burnt out grinders, and other stuff to take back to Everett. That killed Folgers in a can for me.

Like every other good thing in the US, Proctor & Gamble snapped them up, shut down the Everett facility. That became Folgers, then J.M. Smucker who then shut down the Millstone brand. The founder took the money and started again as Cascade.

Reply to
rbowman