Re: Can you convert 220V electric outlet to 110V?

This is very easy and safe to do; I did it when I replaced my four prong 220v stove with a gas stove which requires only a 110v outlet. You just buy a 220v male plug and wire a 110v female plug (aka the female end of an extension cord) to 1 side of the 220v male plug. I even removed the (now) extraneous blade from the male plug. Very easy, safe, and inexpensive. Everything is properly grounded and fused and safe. Unconventional, but safe.

Reply to
Samuel Ligo

Except for the 50 amp breaker. If you really want to be safe put in a 15a breaker in the panel (the wire size will be a problem) or terminate that wire from the range receptacle in a box with a cartridge fuse holder in it and use a 15a fuse feeding the 120v receptacle. Since this is a "tap" it can be protected at the load end.

Reply to
gfretwell