Raw water anyone?

People are paying through the nose for ?raw water? which could make you ill

Wanna hear a good one? ?Raw water? is now a craze. Yes, people are shelling out extra dollars to drink unfiltered water over your normal treated H20.

Bod

ch could make you ill

4/?ito=3Dcbshare

Let the idiots get sick. They'll learn. Or go away permanently.

-- =

Confucius say: "If you park, don't drink, accidents cause people."

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Makes a lot of sense when you look at the facts. He states, "He told The New York Times: ?Tap water? You?re drinking toilet water with birth control drugs in them."

It seems to be working. My 71 year old wife drinks a lot of water and she is not getting pregnant. There can be no other explanation.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

could make you ill

eople are

Sounds like hysteria and fake news to me. The supermarkets here are stocke d full of many brands of spring water, which is not treated with chlorine or similar. It comes out of the ground and is bottled, nothing new. Calling it raw water is just another marketing tactic. Similar to calling some sugar products "raw". So, people pour that on their food and the dumb ones think it's somehow suddenly healthy. In reality, it's not much different than regular sugar. Sure, there are some trace elements and such there, but so too are all the carbs of regular sugar.

Reply to
trader_4

Bottled water is probably one of the biggest scams in the United States. It certainly is ridiculously profitable.

I remember when Consumer Reports rated NYC tap water as one of the purest, best tasting sources of water in the nation, or something to that effect.

Reply to
Dove Tail

On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 17:38:43 -0000, Dove Tail wro= te:

which could make

Yes, people are

4/?ito=3Dcbshare

Evian. Reverse the letters. Naive. The company is a sham.

-- =

Men, here's a tip for dealing with the little lady. If you upset your wife or girlfriend then she will nag you. However, if you upset her EVEN MORE, you will get the silent treatment.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

ich could make you ill

94/?ito=3Dcbshare

water with birth

[titter]

-- =

In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one report= ed a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand (or attemp= ted to do so).

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

h could make you ill

people are

/?ito=cbshare

ter with birth

My husband drinks a lot of tap water, and he's never gotten pregnant, either.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Baaaaaaa!

Reply to
Meanie

Oh, good, I'm on top of a craze. I drink raw water every day. it goes straight from the well to my coffee pot without a lot of plumbing in between.

Reply to
rbowman

I have been drinking the 'raw water' myself for around 40 years. It too comes out of a well and just goes to the pipes in the house. No filtering in the pipes. Must be ok as I am in very good health at 67.

I did live in a small town of about 30,000 for the first 25 years or so and drank the processed water of the city.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

It is very easy to remove the chlorine with a simple carbon filter. Most refrigerators with water on the door have them now. I get my water from a well and I suppose it is about as raw as you get from the hose bibs (directly off the well) but I treat it myself before I drink it. Still no chemicals tho.

Reply to
gfretwell

hich could make you ill

194/?ito=3Dcbshare

Chlorine isn't harmful.

-- =

"Boy, will I give YOU a haircut!" said Tom barbarously.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Your well is next to your house, not 50 miles away. Transporting water a long way means it needs treated as it will sit in pipes for a while.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

It just tastes bad if you are not used to it. When I lived in DC I never noticed but now "city water" tastes like the water in my pool. That is not surprising because both contain about 3PPM cl. In fact DC tap water test "ideal" with a 2 bottle pool test kit. I agree storing it in the pipes is one reason why they put chlorine in tap water even though most organisms do not thrive at over 20 PSI or so. That is why you get a "boil water" notice when the pressure drops. It is also because city water is "used" before you get it. There are a few places that do not have anything up stream of the river where it comes from but not many. If you are in New Orleans people have been pooping and dumping chemicals in your water for 1300 miles up stream. Maybe that is a good reason to drink bottled water there, assuming it was bottled in a city with better water.

Reply to
gfretwell

which could make you ill

Yes, people are

98194/?ito=3Dcbshare

I dunno what the concentrations are, bu swallowing some pool water at a = public pool tastes 100 times stronger than tap water. Easiest way to no= tice the difference is to get some in your eye.

-- =

A budget is just a method of worrying before you spend money, as well as= afterwards.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

ich could make you ill

94/?ito=3Dcbshare

When out hillwalking I drink water from streams, rivers, lakes, etc. Peo= ple say it will kill me. Funny how it doesn't kill animals.

-- =

Have you heard of the untimely passing of the Energizer Bunny? Someone put his batteries in backwards and he just kept coming and comin= g and coming . . .

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

20 PSI doesn't do squat to "most organisms." You get boil water notices because loss of pressure allows organisms to enter the potable water system. Until that shit is cleared out the water is unsafe to drink.
Reply to
Vic Smith

If they are using the recommended balance it should be exactly like tap water 3 PPM. Usually it is a whacked pH that burns your eyes.

Reply to
gfretwell

My dog drinks out of the toilet. It hasn't hurt him but I also watched him eat a turd.

Reply to
gfretwell