Raw water anyone?

People are paying through the nose for ‘raw water’ which could make you ill
Wanna hear a good one? ‘Raw water’ is now a craze. Yes, people are shelling out extra dollars to drink unfiltered water over your normal treated H20.
http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/02/people-paying-nose-raw-water-make-7198194/?ito share
--
Bod

ch could make you ill

, people are

4/?ito=cbshare
Let the idiots get sick. They'll learn. Or go away permanently.
-- Confucius say: "If you park, don't drink, accidents cause people."
On 1/2/2018 11:57 AM, Bod wrote:

Makes a lot of sense when you look at the facts. He states, "He told The New York Times: ‘Tap water? You’re drinking toilet water with birth control drugs in them."
It seems to be working. My 71 year old wife drinks a lot of water and she is not getting pregnant. There can be no other explanation.

ich could make you ill

s, people are

94/?ito=cbshare

water with birth

[titter]
-- In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand (or attempted to do so).
On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 12:29:56 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

h could make you ill

people are

/?itoshare

ter with birth

My husband drinks a lot of tap water, and he's never gotten pregnant, either.
Cindy Hamilton
On 1/2/2018 11:29 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Ha!
I'd think raw water would have fish piss in it too

hich could make

es, people are

194/?ito=cbshare

t water with birth

Yeahbut the treehuggers tell us all the fish have died due to pollution and overfishing. Or is that yet another lie?
-- Why does sour cream have an expiration date?
On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 11:57:31 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:

could make you ill

eople are

itoshare

Sounds like hysteria and fake news to me. The supermarkets here are stocke d full of many brands of spring water, which is not treated with chlorine or similar. It comes out of the ground and is bottled, nothing new. Calling it raw water is just another marketing tactic. Similar to calling some sugar products "raw". So, people pour that on their food and the dumb ones think it's somehow suddenly healthy. In reality, it's not much different than regular sugar. Sure, there are some trace elements and such there, but so too are all the carbs of regular sugar.
trader_4 wrote:

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/02/people-paying-nose-raw-water-make-7198194/?ito share

Bottled water is probably one of the biggest scams in the United States. It certainly is ridiculously profitable.
I remember when Consumer Reports rated NYC tap water as one of the purest, best tasting sources of water in the nation, or something to that effect.

which could make

Yes, people are

4/?ito=cbshare

Evian. Reverse the letters. Naive. The company is a sham.
-- Men, here's a tip for dealing with the little lady. If you upset your wife or girlfriend then she will nag you. However, if you upset her EVEN MORE, you will get the silent treatment.
On 1/2/18 12:38 PM, Dove Tail wrote:

Yeah, but that was way before they elected a series of libtard mayors;-)
--
“Republicans believe what they see. Democrats see what they believe.”
- Dick Armey (R, TX)

It is very easy to remove the chlorine with a simple carbon filter. Most refrigerators with water on the door have them now. I get my water from a well and I suppose it is about as raw as you get from the hose bibs (directly off the well) but I treat it myself before I drink it. Still no chemicals tho.

hich could make you ill

es, people are

194/?ito=cbshare

stocked

ne

lling

much

d such

Chlorine isn't harmful.
-- "Boy, will I give YOU a haircut!" said Tom barbarously.
On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 21:00:12 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"

It just tastes bad if you are not used to it. When I lived in DC I never noticed but now "city water" tastes like the water in my pool. That is not surprising because both contain about 3PPM cl. In fact DC tap water test "ideal" with a 2 bottle pool test kit. I agree storing it in the pipes is one reason why they put chlorine in tap water even though most organisms do not thrive at over 20 PSI or so. That is why you get a "boil water" notice when the pressure drops. It is also because city water is "used" before you get it. There are a few places that do not have anything up stream of the river where it comes from but not many. If you are in New Orleans people have been pooping and dumping chemicals in your water for 1300 miles up stream. Maybe that is a good reason to drink bottled water there, assuming it was bottled in a city with better water.

which could make you ill

Yes, people are

mal

98194/?ito=cbshare

e stocked

rine

.
calling

the

t much

and such

et

I dunno what the concentrations are, bu swallowing some pool water at a public pool tastes 100 times stronger than tap water. Easiest way to notice the difference is to get some in your eye.
-- A budget is just a method of worrying before you spend money, as well as afterwards.
On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 21:49:34 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"

If they are using the recommended balance it should be exactly like tap water 3 PPM. Usually it is a whacked pH that burns your eyes.
On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 8:27:47 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Or high levels of combined chlorine. Same thing with the smell. A properly maintained pool should not smell of chlorine, except maybe very slightly and it should not burn your eyes.

In the UK, I've been to many public swimming pools, and they always smell strongly of chlorine. You can't be serious about it being the same as tap water, that ain't gonna kill germs!
--
"Flashlights are tubular metal containers kept in a flight bag for the purpose of storing dead batteries."

On Fri, 05 Jan 2018 01:02:32 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"

They should both be ~3 PPM. You just seldom have 30,000-40,000 gallons of tap water in the same spot with people splashing in it.

They should NOT be anywhere near as low as tapwater. Tapwater has to be low enough to drink, and it's also in clean pipes with nothing but water in them. Swimming pools have to deal with the constant influx of dirty bodies, and the water isn't going to be consumed (apart from an accidental mouthfull). They should be (and are) many times more concentrated than tap water.
--
Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.