Rain Chains - Have you used them?

I just happen to be working on replacing downspouts and I ran across these rain chains.

I wonder how much water they can handle? I may try hanging a chain from the downspout and see what happens?

Steve

Reply to
steve

Since they're not closed, it's limited by the gutter opening. What doesn't go through the openings in the cups of the pictured type will overflow and fall since there's nothing to retain it when/if they fill up.

Fine Homebuilding had an article and some really outstanding art in an issue a year or so ago...

Reply to
dpb