radiant vs propane vs kerosene

I am buying a home in New Hampshire. The home is about 650 sq ft and is not insulated for the most part. It is currently heated by a pellet stove but I travel and need a back up system. The 3 systems I am looking at is propane and there is already a tank there. Kerosene in which I would have to buy the whole system or this new radiant heat from Sun Twin. In terms of the best bang for one's buck over the long haul including resale value and yearly costs I would like to know what might be the best way to go.

Reply to
mysaxifrage

first of all, insulate, in nh you need it.

there is virtually no efficiency rating at which propane is cost effective vs oil, or even k1, but if you have a tank, and only view it as backup, it is pretty cheap to install a gas hot air furnace.

I have a monitor kerosene system inpart of my house, and it is great. over 90 percent efficient and pretty robust. I replaced an older model last year[it was 15 years old and the repair guy couldn't resolve an occsional delayed ignition issue] Cost like 2300 bucks installed.

dunno what sun twin is

Reply to
yourname

year[it was 15 years old and the repair guy couldn't resolve an

just an overpriced electic heater. Not worth 400 bucks for a 50 dollar heater

Reply to
yourname