Raccoon

That is illegal in a lot of places, including the county I live in.

Reply to
gfretwell

Why bother, a river is just a minor annoyance for a raccoon. They are excellent swimmers. This is a whole family swimming across the river next to me

gfretwell

Sounds like it was 1 squirrel carried across the river over 70 times.

Fake ID

Yep...and squirrels can swim across a river too...

Reply to
philo

Higgs Boson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Google "electronic pet door". Short version: cat wears a collar with an RFID tag, door won't unlock unless that tag is in proximity.

Or if you prefer a more DIY solution... some years ago, I remember somebody posting here a complete description of how he'd solved the same problem by rigging up a video camera and computer software to recognize his cat, and not open the door for anything else. You can probably find that if you sink enough time into Googling for it.

As other posters have said, though, you should consider the various dangers involved in letting your cat outside at all:

- Domestic cats cause a fearful death toll on songbirds.

- Cats running loose may be hit by cars.

- Cats are also potential prey for coyotes.

- When your cat goes outside, it probably doesn't stay in your yard -- if it's like some of the cats in my neighborhood, it goes next door and s**ts in your neighbor's flowerbed. This brings up another danger to your cat: that it may be shot by a neighbor with a pellet gun who's sick and tired of finding cat s**t in his flowerbed and vegetable garden.

Bottom line: litter-train your damn cat, and this won't be a problem.

Reply to
Doug Miller

When traps are outlawed, only outlaws will have traps.

What is it with you libs? Insist that animals be protected, and then moan and carry on when animals invade your house.

Why is it that you libs nsist that Mexicans need amnesty, and then whine and cry when they rape, rob, murder, and invade your house.

And then you libs Holler "not in my back yard" when some evil corporation wants to build a power plant, and "don't increase my rates!" when the power is brought in from another state. And then "there ought to be a law" when the grid browns out because it can't handle all your libs with house full of electronic gadgets, electric cook top, and AC.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Si, senor. Esta uno squirrel, se deporation, la migra. Esta squirrel dinero su coyote, vas back in, much pronto. ============================== Show rat, mofo. Yo gots one mofo squirrel. He be payin de man what get him back in quick like. ============================== Yes, sit. That was one squirrel you carried across, 70 times. Sadly, he had a lot of money and a good coyote, and came right back into the country illegally.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Is that the doggy paddle?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Right, and now let's hear it from Higgy Bo ;)

Reply to
Frank

True. Also, I know from experience with feral cats in my neighborhood, raccoons can and will kill cats and eat them. If you let your cat out, it may never come back. I have a 13 year old cat that lived feral for 1 1/2 years before we adopted it. It refuses to go out, if you open the door when it is near, it will move away from the door to avoid the open. It knows where it wants to be, queen of the household and all it can see through the window.

Reply to
EXT

I thought about putting a dab of day-glow orange on the tail to see if they were returning but never got around to that.

Reply to
Pavel314

Lord, your Spanish sucks _BIG TIME_! :)

Reply to
dadiOH

What would Jesus do?

Reply to
dgk

I decided I shouldn't criticize without correcting what you were trying to say (or, what I think you were trying to say). There is more than one way to say it...

Si, señor. Es ardilla, fue deportada por migración. El ardilla pagó dinero a su coyote y regresó muy pronto.

Yes, sir. It is a squirrel, deported by immigration. The squirrel paid money to its coyote and returned very quickly. _______________

What you said is (more or less)...

Yes, sir. This one squirrel, deportation himself, the miracle. This squirrel money his coyote, you are going back in, much quick.

The Taiwanese manuals from years ago were better :)

Reply to
dadiOH

HB needs a no cost or less than $2 solution. Haven't you seen his other posts?

Reply to
Frank

Frank wrote in news:lsj3sf$14r$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I think Higgs Bozo is actually her, not him. Of course my last suggestion -- litter-train the damn cat -- is the second-lowest solution possible, next to getting rid of the cat altogether.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Ah, bummer. But, it gets the idea across. Musta been a Mexican wet Squirrel.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Render unto Ceasar. And honor and uphold the law. Build more power plants, imprison persons who commit crimes (before deporting the border criminals).

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

With set under connection B not tightly assemble do not reversely install do not use in shower or while sleeping after partial assemble unsafely.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Actually I thought that he went after the money lenders, but somehow bankers are ok?

But I was referring to the raccoon. What would Jesus do?

Reply to
dgk