Quiet Stove Hood?

I need to replace an old noisy one. Is there one that is reasonably quiet? Thanks. Pat

Reply to
Patscga

An outside blower is quitest, but noise is usualy related to airflow- cfm. Most models on display usualy have db ratings = sound level, and cfm. and many stores will run them for you . Your old unit may just be very powerful. Shop around

Reply to
mark Ransley

I recently replaced my Newtone with a Broan Allure. It is quiet, looks good and does a very good job of collecting and getting rid of the heat and moisture. It has some interesting design features. It also was not all that expensive. More than the cheap models but not bad.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I can second the Broan Allure (for a non $$$$ solution). I think I got an Allure III maybe 36" for about $350-$450 (do not remember). It is quite quiet, and can pull about 450 CFM if I remember correctly. At this highest rating it is obviously noisier. See if you can go to a store and hear them in operation.

Roland

Reply to
Joe Doe

Yep -- we have a Kenmore that came with the house that looks just like the Allure -- I bet they're the same thing. It's very quiet on the low speed, and not too bad on high, although you can definitely hear it. But compared to the $25 piece of crap at our old house, it's silent even in that speed.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

Think Thermadore,Viking or DCS