Question about hollow core doors

I have some hollow core doors that are 80" in height that I need to cut down to 78 1/2". They seem to have 2" of solid wood on the top and bottom edges and since I am installing hardware on the top (two wheel hangers for by-pass doors), I was considering cutting off the bottom 1

1/2". Do you think that leaving only a half inch of the framing (or whatever it's called) on the bottom would degrade it's integrity?

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Michael Lindbeck

You're not taking a popularity poll, are you? You've already asked this question on another newsgroup and received good replies. When you desire to have input on the same question from several newsgroups it's better to cross post the one question that to repeatedly ask the same question. Otherwise people will be repeating the same information as they can't see the responses to date, and it won't improve the quality of the replies.

RicodJour

I'm sorry, you didn't ask this same question on another newsgroup, you've asked this same question on this newsgroup by starting three separate threads.

May I assume that we should look forward to daily posting of this same question until your arbitrary information threshold is crossed?

RicodJour

"RicodJour" wrote

Actually because so many automatically delete any 'cross-posts' (a popular feature in many spam blockers) that can work against you. It's not 'wrong' to crosspost if the groups are tightly related, but it can be caught up and deleted unread by many.

Reply to
cshenk

Well, there are a lot of ways to try to reduce the spam, but I'd think that would be one of the more drastic settings. I could understand if the filter deleted crossposting to more than two or three groups, but deleting any crossposting is silly.

RicodJour

Michael Lindbeck wrote in news:UAD4k.8090$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi067.nbdc.sbc.com:

Drill another hole or look at the hole from the your first posting.

Reply to
Red Green