Question about a loud fridge

My fridge is in an open kitchen and the noise from the freezer section is all over my home. I hung blankets over it but it does not help.

I can shut off the freezer section and the noise is gone but just for a short while...

I can't afford a new one right now.

Does any of you guys have some experience with noise control?

Any other ideas?

Reply to
BirdWatcher2008

Hit it - with your hand. Don't laugh. The slight movement may cause the source of the noise to "settle down". I have and continue to do this on as needed basis.

Lou

Reply to
LouB

I am not telling that you don't have major problem. However open back on bottom of frig. if is covered and check for mounting under compressor if got loose or if rubber boot got worn out if that has happen find piece of rubber and try find the place by jamming it under compressor where rattling will stop or be reduced. Tony

Reply to
Old and Grunpy