Painting ceiling in front of oven

I've got some ceiling paint that started peeling in front of the oven (which vents into the kitchen -- just a simple household range) not much more than 5 years after being painted last. Not sure what kind of paint it was -- I wasn't around at the time. I'd like to do the best I can to delay this from happening next time -- what sort of paint would resist the heat the best? What else could I do to help?

Thanks!

Reply to
Pete from Boston

Pete,

I can't advise you on special "high heat" ceiling paint. I suspect that your problem was caused by poor prep. Ovens can give off a lot of greasy smoke so good cleaning is important on kitchen ceilings. Why do you think that this is a heat problem?

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel