Q: about tankless water heater controls

I'm contracting to have my storage tank water heater replaced with a Rinnai tankless system. I have a question for those who already have a tankless water heater.

There is a wired electronic remote control for the Rinnai unit that sets the outgoing water temperature. Generally, on my storage tank system, I set the water temperature with a control on the tank and leave it. On the tankless and being a remote control unit, I thought I should install the remote in the kitchen. That way, I thought I could set the water temperature at the time of use according to my needs for hot water. But, not being familiar with this new system, I don't know whether this is a valid assumption.

For those who have tankless systems, do you set and reset the temperature of the outgoing water on a regular basis or do you set it and forget it like a tank system?

Reply to
Robert MacKinnon

I reset mine as water temp drops in winter, and raise in summer

Reply to
m Ransley