putting "disposable" Photos on the www?

I think Picasa will do it, but you have to install more software...

so, is there a [simple] website, where I can upload a photo or two, and not install software?

thanks, marc

Reply to
21blackswan
Re: putting "disposable" Photos on the www? open original image

If it's for posting in this group (or for any other reason I believe but it only works when you make a post), you can upload any number of pictures at this site I'm posting from right now - homeownershub.com - and then just keep using the pic address as a reference. No software, not even an account needed. I'll go look for some sample image to post

Here, found it :)

[IMG]
As far as "disposable" - I guess it has to be - I've no idea how to delete it once it's up there. Actually, I don't believe you can, so posting something you may be embarrassed about later may not be a good idea. Never is..

Cheers!

Reply to
passerby

Photobucket.com - but only if the images are home repair related since you asked the question in a.h.r. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

The website

is a free site for posting all sorts of photos. They have a simple uploading procedure and an on-line method of arranging the photos, adding captions, and editing . The enrollment is free, and I haven't noticed any spam or assorted undesireable stuff happening after having used the site for family photos for about 6 months now.

Reply to
Robert

I use this one:

No registration required and all they ask is you copy coded message to keep crap from bots.

Reply to
Frank

thanks Frank,

TinyPic looks very simple

marc

Reply to
21blackswan

I've put several pictures there like the latest:

I note they have a sign in thing and don't know what that is. Maybe space you can go directly to with all your stuff. I've never tried it.

Reply to
Frank

I used to use TinyPic until they kept bugging me for capcodes.

Now I use

and they don't bug me.

As for disposable, nothing on the web is disposable, and can be assumed to exist in perpetuity. However, sites like tinypic and imgur do not require registration, if that is what you meant.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Why not make things simple, versatile, and lasting by purchasing your own domain. You can go to Misk.com and buy a domain and the related hosting for $35.00 per year. Not only do you have a location to upload your pictures to via FTP, or even create a whole site if you so desire, but you also will have several email accounts (the whole family could use a different one) that will never change as long as you retain the domain. Although I own several domains for business I also own my name (dongares.com) which lets me use snipped-for-privacy@dongares.com as one of my email addresses.

Anyway, just a thought and the cost is less than $3.00/month.

Don (who is not associated with Misk.com)

Reply to
IGot2P

addresses.

Many providers such as comcast supply FREE space. FTP and some HTML is required, so that eliminates simple software less uploading request. I like BIG pictures !!!

Greg

Reply to
gregz

addresses.

Ok, I will show a junk page, since I sold this item. Not sure of current free space.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

imgur looks good too Jon,

I only wanted a place to put a pic, or two [or 3] up a couple times a year. Something simple, that I can forget about.

Like showing a picture of a problem, to this AHR group. Many times one picture can be better than trying to explain it.

thanks all marc

Reply to
21blackswan

you can ignore this post --

just a TEST Upload of 1 photo off my computer, to Imgur

marc

Reply to
21blackswan

Imgur worked great.

No software installation, no registration, simple.

thanks, marc

Reply to
21blackswan

I use a directory on my own website for that. It makes it easy to post photos, like the one of my BBC keyboard assistant, self-installing Retail version at

Mark Lloyd

This is alt.home.repair, NOT alt.test.

In the future, please use an appropriate testing group.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

I'll never do it again, SIR!