Pulling well pump

Because the majority of shit people are asking about lately falls under the category of, "If you have to ask, you're not capable of dealing with it."

Reply to
dennisgauge

Cool! I figured it would not be too bad to pull. I never heard of the pump unscrewing from the pipe, but anything is possible.

Reply to
repairs

That certainly seemed to be what happened. I had 3 guys here watching me today and they all looked at the pump and the pipe. The threads were OK and the pump certainly came loose.

I thought about just screwing it back on and shoving it back down the hole

In the end I decided a 12 year old pump was not worth putting back down the hole and one of the guys had an account at a landscape supply so I got a new Myers for $230. I went back with all new stuff. I did drill and tap a SS screw in the pump to pipe threads. It ain't unscrewing again ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

from vibration? for us, it's 630 feet down.

Reply to
Robert Macy

I suppose it just vibrated loose. The SS screw is a good idea. I'd keep that old pump in case you ever breakdown on a weekend. When my pump died, it was over 30 years old.

Reply to
repairs