Problem with shower

This is the shower/ bath mixer I own: Crosswater Komo Deck Mounted Single Lever Bath-Shower Mixer (you can google that).

I just changed the moving part inside. This is the 2nd time I have had to replace it - the shower is not even 3 years old.

I live in a hard water area. Is that the problem? Or is it because the water to my bathroom is not balanced? (hot is from the mains, and the cold water comes from a tank).

PS thanks again guys who helped with my faucet problem.

Reply to
London Gent

Picture of the Shower

London Gent

The "moving part" you replaced is called a CARTRIDGE. It says so right on the package.

Why do people try to explain something they know nothing about? Not "balanced?" Where did you come up with that?

Hard water is a common, well-known cause of premature faucet failure. But, it can't possibly be that... It's got to be little wood nymphs tinkling in the forest, and their magical fairy dust urine is getting into the ground water causing your hot and cold to be "not balanced."

News flash: Your hot and cold water are the same pressure.

Reply to
mkirsch1

You'll forgive me if I don't write with the same level of aggression as you. I'm trying to keep my blood pressure low.

In England, where I live, home builders have been installing cold water tanks for a long time. The logic: they make a good back up in case of mains water loss. I've lived and worked in buildings with cold water tanks for years. I know a bit about them. The cold tap (faucet) in my bathroom sink runs with half the pressure of the hot tap. No, they are not mixed.

The hot and cold water pressure is not balanced in my bathroom.

That aside, I realised the root of the problem. For the benefit of the non-aggressive posters of this group, I'll share it. See my earlier thread about my cold tap. (The tap died. But the hot tap was okay.) This afternoon I spent a few minutes inspecting my old shower cartridge. Grit all over it. Just like the cold tap cartridge my plumber replaced last week. The problem is the cold water tank.

Reply to
London Gent