Problem replacing old deep well submersible pump

I am replacing my submersible pump and the top of the pump is connected to a black flexible pipe with a brass adapter. The adapter uses a threaded connection to connect to the pump and male connection is made to the inside of the black flexible pipe. Two ring clamps secure the black pipe to the brass adapter.

My question is, do I need to reapply Pro-Dope to the brass fitting on the black flexible pipe side? I loosened the 2 ring clamps to help getting the old pump detached and the brass adapter turned freely in the black flexible pipe, so I'm worrind that simply tightening the rings might not be enough of a seal. Also, I can't seem to pull the adapter out of the black pipe no matter how hard I pull. Is there a trick to pulling it out? Or, do i need to cut it out?

Thanks for any help!

Reply to
WoodyElf

You don't use dope on the plastic pipe. Cut the plastic pipe off of the brass fitting. To reinstall the plastic pipe onto the fitting, heat it up with a propane torch until it's pliable, then force it over the fitting and re clamp it.

Reply to
RBM

What RBM said. You will only lose a few inches of pipe length. That won't matter.

The brass fitting is a "Pitless Adapter" if it is the one at the top of the well.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Forgot to add: Use care warming the pipe. Very easy to get it too hot and ruin that section. Best to get a couple short sections and do a bit of practice first.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Forgot to add: Use care warming the pipe. Very easy to get it too hot and ruin that section. Best to get a couple short sections and do a bit of practice first.

Harry K

A hot air gun is great for doing this. Ive heard of people dipping a towel in boiling water and then wrapping it aroung the pipe, never tried it.

Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D