Priming Flashing

I just had my roof replaced. There is one place where the new flashing is up against the wood siding. I need to paint it white to match the rest of the house. What is the best primer for the flashing?

Bill

Reply to
BillGill

Hard to beat RustOleum on metal.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

On 5/30/2008 10:11 AM Joe spake thus:

Yes, or any good *oil-based* primer.

Remember the importance of prep. Be sure to clean the metal before painting. Vinegar is good, as it slightly etches the surface to make the paint adhere better.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

What, copper, galvanised, aluminum, rust oleum oil will not work best on galvanised.

Reply to
ransley

It is supposed to be galvanized. I don't expect they would have changed.

Bill

Reply to
BillGill

They call it Tremclad- but it is a Rustoleum product;

"Specially formulated to provide adhesion when topcoating galvanized metal "

Point made, though, is 'use the right primer.'

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Are you sure it not aluminum