Pressure Washer Problem with Output of water

I have troybilt gas pressure washer. I just bought on craigslist and the gun part did not have the wand. When I run the pressure washer I just get a trickle less than the water going in. When I unhook the highpressure hose it comes out super fast. I have not unhooked the gun from the hose. I was wondering if the wand attaching to the gun would make it have higher pressure or if it sounds like the gun part is the problem? Thanks!

Reply to
volleybiggs

My wand would dribble like you describe. I put a new tip on the wand.

Reply to
Oren

I would never buy something from craigslist.

Reply to
LSMFT

Hi, It is even worse than Kijiji.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Why?

My bride harvested an adult 3-speed tricycle from the trash. It needed new tires for certain. Soap, water and with new tires it would look near new.

I sold it for $100.00 on craiglist and gave the wife $25.00.

The buyer was happy about his purchase. He could have paid hundreds for the same bike new. His wife needed a bike like that for medical reasons.

Reply to
Oren

Do you mean with out the output hose on the machine it comes out fast, but hooked up with the tip removed its slow? A clog in the hose or gun seems kinda likely doesnt it, take off the gun and maybe there is a filter, there is an intake filter for the garden hose, all you can do is take it all apart to find the mess up, and know why its a craigs lister.

Reply to
ransley

Your loss.

Reply to
Ron

LOL...

And you bought something site unseen without asking for the seller to demonstrate that it worked properly and had all its parts ?

You learned something -- caveat emptor...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan

Must be a reason someone sold it....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The hose, or something attached to it like a nozzle, is plugged. Remove pieces until you find the culprit and replace it. Looks like you found the reason for selling it. IF it's the hose and you have accomodating connections, try removing evehtyhing from the hose and run pressure throught it backwards. Bees and spiders can often plug those things up, even the nozzles. I keep plastic bags over mine when they're not in use. I had a similar problem and bought a new hose, then got the old hose cleared. So I put the two hoses together, new an dold, and added a lot of length to how far I could go with it. Dropped the pressure a bit, but still plenty for washing the house down, etc..

HTH,

Twayne` H,

Twayne`

Reply to
Twayne

Well gee, that's sure nice to know AFTER the fact! What a useless dolt.

Reply to
Twayne

What's to know? The comment in senseless. CL is no different than the local want ads. If the OP bought a broken PW it's their own fault for not trying it out before buying it. If the seller wouldn't hook it up, then NO DEAL.

Reply to
Ron

Good news it was the fact it did not have a wand. Got a great deal at sears for one for $11. I bought it off craigslist because it was so cheap $50 and knew the motor was good so if the pump was bad I had a good motor. The guy did show it to me before I bought it and I saw water flowing out the gun part.

Reply to
volleybiggs