Pressure Washer Blues!

I have a fairly new Karcher 2300 PSI gasoline powered pressure washer I purchased from COSTCO. Almost immediately out of the box I noticed i would have to hold the trigger on the wand in for 30 seconds or more before pressurized water started coming out. Now I need to hold it for

2 - 3 minutes and if I am lucky I'll get pressurized water! Any ideas?? Thanks!
Reply to
Ted Appleberry

Even small amounts of grit in the nozzle can cause problems. Take it apart and inspect carefully for a speck of sand.

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor

Any air in water or low water pressure in house?

washer

Reply to
Art Begun

bring it back. they have a pretty good return policy

Reply to
SoCalMike

you are supposed prime the pump and get water out the wand before starting the motor. Not doing this frys the pump, as it needs water for lubrication

Reply to
mark Ransley

washer

noticed i

more

it for

Make sure all the air is gone from the hose before you connect it. I run water through my cheap electric one with the nozzle off, just using faucet pressure, until water comes through in a steady stream, then I turn it on. I've been told to never power it up until it is full of water.

Bob

Reply to
Bob