Pre-primed vs factory painted Hardi-Plank Siding

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts regarding the factory painted Hard-Plank.

Will they be able to match the color we want? How does it look? How does the touch-up paint / caulk look?

The quote we got is about $900 more for primed with two coats of paint. I'm sure the siding guy prefers the factory painted because he saves a lot of labor cost using the pre-painted siding. We just don't want it to look cheezy.

Reply to
mcohen98107

I suspect that you meant it would save you a lot of labor cost; unless, of course, the contractor is providing free labor. My guess would be that the factory primed and painted siding would be just fine, in addition to being a better paint job under controlled factory conditions. I sincerely doubt that it would look 'cheesy'. As to getting the colors you wanted, well, that's just individual taste and tolerance.

Reply to
Dave Bugg

The pre painted siding is great. We get certainteed brand, and we can get matching touch up paint and matching caulk. There is a better color selection than in vinyl, but it isn't endless. As dave said, it's a matter of individual taste.

Reply to
marson