[SOLVED] Power washer with Honda engine won't start.

replying to TheRegit, David Sibley wrote: I bought a new power washer and this happened with the first start. The suggestion to pull in the trigger on the pressure wand was the key. Started right up as soon as I did this.

Reply to
David Sibley

Those Honda engines have a gas tank cut-off valve. Make sure the gas is open.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

replying to MEWICKER, wjc1 wrote: I had the same problem and this fixed it as well. no water supply attached, finger o the trigger and it started right up.

Reply to
wjc1

replying to TheRegit, gretchen wrote: Thank you for that most helpful info!!

Reply to
gretchen

replying to Fred McKenzie, Rick wrote: They also make an item called an "unloader" that reduces the pressure so that it is easier to pull start.

Reply to
Rick

Pull trigger and hold before starting

Reply to
clare

replying to TheRegit, Advocate0426 wrote: Awesome and take you very much for posting this... I thought I broke my friends washer.

Reply to
Advocate0426

replying to TheRegit, Paul wrote: Thank you so much for this. I was having the same trouble and I took your advice and now the engine starts like a champ.

Reply to
Paul

replying to TheRegit, Charlie wrote: I realize this post is almost 10 years old, but I at least wanted to try and thank you for saving me significant time and money! I borrowed a pressure washer, and it was running fine till it wouldn't pull start. I was about to load it into the car and go to the repair shop when I decided to go to the internet. I read your post, released the pressure by pulling the trigger on the wand, and it started right up. Thanks again!

Reply to
Charlie

replying to TheRegit, Nick Chotta wrote: You are not an idiot you are awesome! Honda is the idiot for not putting this somewhere in the manual!!!THANKS!!

Reply to
Nick Chotta

replying to TheRegit, Tom wrote: This worked great. Had it running....then stopped it to eat lunch.....then it would not restart. Had been trying to start it for an hour before I read this suggestion. Yeah!

Reply to
Tom

replying to TheRegit, Kris wrote: How to release the pressure

Reply to
Kris

Pull the trigger on the spray handle, I would expect.

Reply to
trader_4

replying to TheRegit, Brian Phillips wrote: Dude thank you so much for posting this. I was about to pick up my powerwasher and throw it in the garbage can I pulled on the trigger inserted up after about a hundred f****** polls thank you very much you're mine now my favorite person

Reply to
Brian Phillips

Brian Phillips posted for all of us...

Get a room...

Reply to
Tekkie®

replying to TheRegit, Jacqueline wrote: Thank you for posting this!!! We've been just letting it sit for hours before a cold restart it...feeling very silly right about now, but so grateful for your post!

Reply to
Jacqueline

replying to TheRegit, Robot wrote: WOW, that just happened to me and your solution worked perfectly. Thank you for posting!!!!!

Reply to
Robot

replying to TheRegit, Jo Re wrote: Thanks for posting! My husband gave up on it, I Googled the issue, released the pressure & started right up!

Reply to
Jo Re

He didn't know that?  Take away his Man Card.

Reply to
Annabel

replying to scott21230, Bleachguy wrote: Thats just bad advice, not everyone has millions of dollars to just trash it and get an electric one, like you do

Reply to
Bleachguy