Power screw driver

Top brands are Milwauke,Makita, Bosch,Porter Cable, Dewalt,Panasonic. Mid line Sears, Ryobi, B&D , For small work a small screw driver is nice one that is the size of a 2 d cell flashlight. Several have removeable rechargeable packs so you can always have power B&D is one. New tools are comming out every day you should go to a box store and go online to check to see what each manufacturer offers. My old ones are on -off trigger and have torque setting so you wont strip metal a variable speed might be better. Try them at the store or you will never know.

Reply to
m Ransley

Hi, My hobby is building lots of electronic kits and repairing neighbor's TV, Stereo, anything electronic for fun. BTW, I am retired EE. I need a small handheld power screw driver kit with some commonly used bits. One will last long and give good service. What would you recommend? Budget is flexible. TIA, Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

epinions.com is pretty useful, but the cordless screwdrivers aren't as popular as the driver/drill so there won't be as many reviews to help guide you.

Posting on an electronics newsgroup might help.

RicodJour

I've made my own for years because I didn't like what was available. Now they have better products for you. I suggest you find something with an angled handle, more like a gun shape. That feels more comfortable and allows getting into smaller spaces.

Reply to
Al Bundy

I think Milwaukee can bend to any angle, you need a light torque setting to not strip thin metal, I had an old P.C. where you could use differenrt spring strengths to get the torque you wanted. Get a smart - peak charger not the type that never shuts off and kills batteries.

Reply to
m Ransley

I like the variable speed advice above. I find it very hard to start screws with a standard electric screwdriver.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

Tony,

I use the Dewalt cordless screw driver. It seams to have the highest voltage

7.2 volts which helps with the torque. The batteries have a long running time also. The Dewalt is $99.00 at most home centers. I would also consider a Metabo or Milwaukee.

AZCRAIG

Refresh - Repair - Restore

Reply to
cm

He he he. My little home made job is 6" overall plus the perpendicular handle. It has enough power to drive 300 X 2.5" deck screws and then I just change the battery, but by then it's the end of the day anyway. If they ever do make one like what I have they will charge plenty.

Reply to
Al Bundy

For electronic assembly consider this one:

Travis Jordan

Hi, Thanks everyone, ended up buying small Bosch drill/driver. This one ought to do it and some more. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang