Parts for Pressure Washer

You've probably already seen this, right?

You might check here:
Good luck, and best regards, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Hi Kids!

I have a DeVilbiss pressure washer that has an FAIP pump on it (PK16860). The pump needs an input shaft seal that I cannot find. My several internet searches have led me to believe that only limited repair parts are available (manifold kits, some o-rings). When I made the rounds of the local small engine repair shops the parts guys looked at me like I was an idiot. (OK, I do look like an idiot, pretty much, but how about a little sensitivity here?) The model pump I have isn't available anymore (must have realized it was a piece of crap) and the current replacement is at least $135. Now, I figure

135 bucks for basically a new pressure washer isn't a bad deal but seems overkill. Does anyone know of a source for just the input shaft seal? It looks like your standard automotive oil seal, but trial and error could get expensive.
Reply to
Harry Balzac

Spend your money on a digital caliper instead. ($25 maybe).

Measure the OD of the shaft. That'll be the ID of the seal.

Measure the ID of the bore that carried the seal. That, of course, will be the OD of the seal.

Then Google away, and you should be able to find a replacement radial lip oil seal in no time. Pre-lube the shaft before installation.

(Also try local bear> Hi Kids!

Reply to
Robert Barr

Bearing stores. JimL