pot light

Hi there, Im buying a new house and wondering is it easy to install some pot lights? Any web site for more info about pot light? Builder charges too much for it.... Thanks in advance

Reply to
ultra

It is against the law to grow pot, and the lamps will only give away your crop. I have no other suggestions, other than to buy an electrical book in your favorite big box store.

Reply to
willshak

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 22:18:37 -0400 "ultra" used 6 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

I didn't know builders installed pot lights. I've always had to rig up my own. :-)

Here's a site to help.

-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email

Reply to
G. Morgan

Depends on the constrution of the home. It maybe darned near impossible to do it afterward without ripping some holes in the walls or ceilings to pull wire. I don't think it will be any cheaper later! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Is it easy? Yes, depending on the circumstances, and if you know how. Recessed can on the top floor with an accessable attic above, or in an unfinished basement ceiling are by far the easiest.

But when there is a finished floor above the ceiling, or you want to install them in a cathedral ceiling, it gets more complicated and usually impossible to not have to notch out some of the finished sheetrock ceiling as well as the corner where wall meets ceiling above the switch.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Better ask the pros. I'm only guessing you do have your medical marijuana card handy to prove to the internet police you are within the dictations of the christian jew cop government. You may need a rotating room one for vegetation and one for budding.

voodoo disease 666

Reply to
Dem Feckers

Joking aside; not much info to go on either! Are there not requirements for pot lights installed in insulated walls or ceiling to installed with a space around them to ensure there is not a heat build and they not become or are a fire hazard from the word go? AIUI you don't just chop a hole in a constructed ceiling/wall and bury a new pot light into the insulated wall; hopefully snaking the wire through and possibly disturbing something else in there! Also don't cut or disrupt any vapour barriers if/as required by codes for your climate. Heating and/or air conditioning is too expensive! Also I'd be very careful not to invalidate any builders warranty and or insurance requirement. Consult the building guides and electrical codes for your jurisdiction; just assuming having the builder do it as an extra may be too expensive may not be correct. One reason we don't have any pot lights is because the ceiling insulation and it's vapour barrier is immediately above our finished ceiling and there's no way I want our expensively warmed house air leaking up there, quite apart from moisture problems!

Reply to
Terry

Just plant the pot in the forrest. Sun light is much better.

Reply to
LARRY THE CABLE GUY

charges

christian

insulation

I am not sure because I have never seen a pot light. I have only heard about it. What I did see was disney world and mickey mouse was doing hydroponics. He had an open area Where the light was a high powered superduper electro thingamajig with a coiled cord that you could easily move up and down the light becuase you have to keep the light within inches of your tomatoes. it self had plenty of air circulation and I saw no insulation it being in a greenhouse. The ceiling had fans blowing the air in a constant circulation. IT is known that plants grow best with circulation and some mild beetoven. You must never yell at your plant but you must talk to it due to the exhaust fumes from your mouth will encourage positive growth. Mickey even had airoponics where the roots would hang from the ceiling and a constant drip was produced. No mulch or soil was used for that it was an open air root system.

All in all I saw no permanent light fixtures necessary. They were on a track that could be moved around up and down.

Penalty dictated by the christian jew cop government could easily be a life sentence.

Reply to
Dem Feckers