Porch painting

Hello all,

I am trying to decide the best course of action with a porch...

My recently purchased house's porch needs a major paint job. It has been painted with porch paint before (I have the previous owners' old paint can) but want to clean it up and repaint it another color. Any recommendations? Sand, scrub, prime, etc.?

Not quite sure where to start.

Thanks

Reply to
Rich

Typically, I would power wash, let dry, sand, sweep off, prime with exterior rated acrylic or oil base, then top coat with suitable porch and floor paint like Benjamin Moore floor and patio paint.

Reply to
NickySantoro

Thanks for the help...I will give that a try.

Reply to
Rich