Pool pump

We have had around 4 inches of rain over last 12-13 hours on top of a bunch over the last couple of months. Today my pool pump has decided to trip the ground fault breaker. When the pump is off, everything else on the breaker (the lights, the plugs and the auto cover) work fine. Any suggestions on where the problem might be and how to fix it other than letting nature take its course?

Reply to
Kurt V. Ullman

Open up any wire junction boxes outside that may have gotten wet. Include the one on the motor. Use a hair dryer or heat gun on them if damp. If using a heat gun be very careful you do not melt the insulation of the wires.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I will try that later. Right now it is raining (again) and the ground is wet enough, I am worried about frying myself with the hair dryer. I put plastic over the junction box and the pump to see if that stops the wetness and maybe dries itself out. I also noted that the grounding wire had come loose so I put that back together, but it didn't help. It might be a couple of days before the rain stops long enough to try to dryer trick.

Reply to
Kurt V. Ullman