Pool Auto-Chlorinator Maintenance...

I have a one year old Pentair "Rainbow 320" auto chlorinator. I noticed recently it doesn't seem to be dissolving the three inch chlorine tablets very well. I cleaned out the tablets and looked in the bottom and noticed a greasy brown film buildup of residue on the filter screen. Someone told me to soak it with "non-acetone" finger nail polish remover which I poured in there and swirled around but I can't get a brush down in there to clean it. Anybody got any suggestions?

Regards, Bill

Reply to
Bill

Many similar deposits are just calcium compounds that dissolve out quickly with pool acid. Immerse in a bucket of 10 pct HCl (1:3 dilution of common pool acid). Then get rid of the solution as pH control in your pool.

This assumes your apparatus is not attacked by the acid.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch