Salt water pool chlorinator

Hi All

Recently bought "Krystal Clear salt water system " Model 8110 with the Intex brand.

It's a salt water chlorinator.

Ok .....The unit consists of some electronics including a programmable timer that witches itself on and off as programmed. As far as I can figure, it switches on and off the 110 volt line current to a step down transformer,then to a rectifier then to titanium plates acting as cathode and anode in the water flow.

What I want to do, is to have the chlorinator control the on off switching of my

220 volt pump so that I do not have to turn the pump on and off manually or run a separate timer.

I have a suitable 110 volt relay to switch the 220 volt current to the 1.5 horse pump. I don't expect the coil in the relay would draw much more then 10 or 15 watts so there should be no problem drawing power for it from the chlorinator.

Does anyone know exactly how to do what I want to do. I myself have a terrible track record on these electronic things. I usually make them smoke and once the smoke comes out they never work again! (O:

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Al

Does salt water need chlorination?

Reply to
Claude Hopper

A salt water chlorification machine (aka Chlorine Generator) makes chlorine from salt water. Salt is sodium chloride. Remove the sodium and you have chlorine. The salt used is non-iodized salt that is almost 100% pure. You can use regular water softener salt, but it works slower than granular salt. The salt added to the pool is about the same as a water softener adds salt to household water. There is no salt taste, smell, or feel.

Reply to
willshak

You can get a 120v coill contactor that is big enough to run your pump.

Reply to
gfretwell

Thanks!! Yes I have one. (a Struthers B48BXX)

Reply to
Al