Plunging a sewer trap

Hi,

Does anyone know what tool is best for plunging the sewer trap to a old house. This is a house that has a pipe coming up in the front lawn. I once had to call a plumber to plunge it and he used a tool that came in

3 foot sections and had a disc attachement on end. Does nayone know what this tool is called, how much it costs and where it can be found? I have asked at Home Depot/Home hardware etc and noone seems to know what it is called or where I can get one.

I am in Toronto if this helps.

Reply to
Felcunje

Hi, Auger?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I'm in New Brunswick and my city maintenance dept. will come to my house and auger out the sewer line twice a year free. Try them first. If your house is old the sewer lines could be old and holey so the tree roots get in and plug things up.

The last time I had it done they took half a garbage bag full of tree roots out.

Reply to
chris