Plumbing Forms-a-washer

The packing just died [50 year old house] in the water spout for my kitchen sink. Spraying water.

I found an "old product" in my plumbing supplies called "forms-a-washer". Looks like black string and is very flexible. I installed it in the water spout and it stopped the leak immediately and completely.

If this product contains "lead or graphite impregnated string", is it safe to use in the fresh water path? Concern is health with "lead" in the water path. Cannot find the company "Lincoln Products, Industry calif" to ask them if this product contains lead.

What is available these days to do the same function that is SAFER in the fresh water path?

Many thanks, Dave_s

Reply to
Dave_s

they make a teflon product that does the same thing.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

That's "City of Industry" in Californis