plumbing

I`m ready to damn scream here. I replaced the p-trap for my kitchen sink. The old one was brass and had a hole in it. The drain side is a brass pipe. I replaced the trap with a black plastic one (abs?) The side going to the basket strainer is fine, no leaks. But the side going to drain just keeps on dripping no matter how tight I turn it. I was told i did not need a washer/gasket in it, but i tried it both ways, and both ways drip. Should I cut the threads off the brass pipe and put some kind of compression fitting on? Thanks for all help. I`m afraid i will crack the plastic if i keep on cranking on it. Patt.

Reply to
Patt

There is a (rubber) coupling made just for this problem:

sure they are available at HD, etc.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Try wrapping some teflon tape around the threads. My two cents. Hope you lick the problem soon. Joe

Reply to
Joe_Stein

Gotta agree with Jim, Took me a while to get used to those squishy couplers but they save a whole load of effort. Bought one of the kind he mentioned from HD last Sunday, was about $5.40 if I recall.

Good luck

Nick..

Reply to
Nick